With a just week left in the year, my last original stories for 2014 have hit the presses. That means it’s time to make my first-ever awards eligibility list!
As a new author, writing this list was full of good memories: of the writing buddies who critted these stories, the editors and publishers who took a chance on me and improved the stories further during copyediting, and most of all the readers who took the time to enjoy the end product. To all of you, I want to thank you for sharing this journey with me.
I’m currently reading for the short story category of the Nebulas and Hugos. If you’re an author, which short story of yours from 2014 should I be sure to catch? If you’re a reader, what caught your eye? Let me know in the comments below, and I’ll add it to my reading list.
If you’d like to consider some of my work for an award, I’ve listed my awards-eligible stories below. This is also my first year of Campbell Award eligibility. If you are voting this year, please feel free to contact me for a review copy of anything not freely available online. And if your time is limited, I might suggest you check out “Makeisha In Time” and “The Mercy of Theseus” as a starting point.
Original Short Stories Published in 2014:
- “Makeisha In Time” – Crossed Genres, August 2014.
- “Ten Wretched Things About Influenza Siderius” – Daily Science Fiction, July 2014.
- “The Mercy of Theseus” – Escape Pod, December 2014.
- “Mamihlapinatapei” – Crossed Genres, July 2014.
- “Photon Girl Ascending” – Penumbra, May 2014.
- “Wine for Witches, Milk for Saints” – InterGalactic Medicine Show, November 2014.
- “Days of Rain” – PodCastle, November 2014.
- “Nine-Lived Wonders” – Drabblecast, December 2014.